Advertisement

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Oracle Database 19c: Grid Infrastructure / RAC Installation - Part 1/3


In this blog series I am going to demonstrate installation of RAC 18c on on premise Linux.

I have distributed this series into multiple parts, referring few parts from my previous 12c/18c installation series and then few parts are the new way to go.

This is a 3 Blog Series and this is Blog 1 
Of this Blog series - 
Part 2


Part 3


For reference 18c installation is described here


Part 1 - Linux Install 
This is an old reference on installing Oracle Linux.

In this version I do use a newer version which is 7.4, however the steps are essential the same, the key difference lies in getting latest ISO from edelivery.oracle.com

Part 2.1 - Linux and Network Configuration
This blog essentially discusses on OS and network configuration. 
, I discuss on how to configure the network (specially DNS). 


You can still refer to my previous blog for Network Configuration of 12c Install to detail out how network configuration is done for each node. (Note the IP addresses I use this time are bit different from earlier)

Part 2.2 is essentially similar to my previous blog for 12c install - where I discuss on how to attach disks and clone a machine . However I do have provided some extra details on how to get the ORACLEASM up and running in 18c as part of Part 2 and 3.

Part 3 - Installation
This part discusses on installation of Oracle Grid Infra on the Servers. 

To detail out - here are my machine configurations
4 vCPU * 32GB RAM


Oracle Linux Server release 7.4
NAME="Oracle Linux Server"
VERSION="7.4"
ID="ol"
VERSION_ID="7.4"
PRETTY_NAME="Oracle Linux Server 7.4"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:oracle:linux:7:4:server"
HOME_URL="https://linux.oracle.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.oracle.com/"

ORACLE_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Oracle Linux 7"
ORACLE_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.4
ORACLE_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="Oracle Linux"
ORACLE_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.4
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.4 (Maipo)
Oracle Linux Server release 7.4

No comments:
Write comments